ESSENTIALS TO HELP YOU GET THROUGH YOUR FLIGHT
HELLO EVERYONE!! This week I’m sharing my essentials to survive flying on a plane. I’ve been flying on planes since I was a baby. 23 years later and I think I’ve found the key to relaxing and enjoying your flight.
My first and most important tip for traveling on a plane is to pack light. Don’t check your bags in! Instead pack your clothes in a small suitcase to throw in the overhead compartment, and pack your small things (or essentials) that you’ll use on the plane in a small duffle bag to go under the seat in front of you.
This is amazing for 2 reasons. The first is that you don’t need to worry about loosing luggage. You know exactly where your clothes are. Right there above your head in your suitcase. The second reason is that you don’t need to wait around after your flight for your bags to arrive. Most airlines allow you to bring 1 carryon for the over head compartment and 1 carryon for under the seat for free. Make sure you do your research and check with your airline in advance.
My next tip is to get your boarding pass as soon as possible. Most flights give you the option to print out your pass or download it electronically 24 hours before your flight. DO IT. This will save you so much time and stress once you arrive to the airport.
I also urge you to sign up for the TSA pre check. It’s a little expensive but if you plan on traveling a lot this will save you so much time.
My last tip is to be at the airport EARLY. If your flight is due to take off at 7PM you need to be at the airport by 3:30PM. You never know what’s going to hold you up, and the last thing you want to do is miss your flight because the line at security was ridiculously long.
WEATHER YOUR FLIGHT IS 2 OR 12 HOURS, I’VE GOT YOU COVERED. HERE ARE MY ESSENTIALS FOR SURVIVING FLIGHTS.
WHAT’S IN MY TRAVEL DUFFLE BAG?
1. DUFFLE BAG: I love my Vera Bradley small duffle bag. It is the perfect size to fit under the seat and it is approved to use on almost all airlines.
2. HEADPHONES: I love to use big head phones instead of ear buds on long flights. It just feels more comfortable.
3. ELECTRONICS: Ipads, Iphones, and laptops are great to keep you busy on flights. Make sure to download plenty of new games, movies, and update your spotify playlists. Also be sure that all your devices are fully charged incase the air plane your on does not have a outlet for charging.
4. SNACKS/GUM: You can get snacks past security by bringing food that is not opened. This is great because you can save money and bring the snacks that you prefer as opposed to the limited option of unhealthy expensive snacks available in the airport store.
5. MAKEUP BAG: I prefer to keep my make up bag with me on the plane. Inside the bag I have some make up wipes, my mascara, a tinted moisturizer, and a travel size smash box eye shadow pallet. I also like to keep some moisturizer and chapstick on hand since my skin tends to get extra dry on a flight.
6. SOCKS: I don’t know what buy I freeze on flights. I love to keep a comfortable pair of fuzzy socks on hand to slip on for when I get cold.
7. MY PURSE: When I travel I like to keep things minimal. I don’t see the need to bring a huge purse filled with unnecessary things in it. Instead I bring a small cross body bag small enough to fit in my duffle but big enough to hold me phone and wallet when out and about.
8. EARPLANES: These things are lifesavers! 30 min before my flight lands I pop the ear plugs in and I don’t feel any pain.
9. PASSPORT/WALLET: Since I have to constantly take my passport in and out of my bag when going through the airport I like to keep them on hand and ready to grab.
10. CAMERA: Just like with my passport, I like to keep my camera on hand. You never know when you will need it.
11. CHANGE OF CLOTHES: Weather your flight is 3 hours long or 13 it’s always nice to throw on a fresh pair of clothes and freshen up after your flight. What I pack depends on the weather out side of my destination. Usually I pack a new top and a pair of flats. Unless I’m going somewhere warm then I’ll throw in a pair of shorts too.
That’s it for this weeks post! I hope my tips and essentials will help you on your next adventure. If there’s something I’m missing let me know in the comments below!