I have a love hate relationship with fall and winter. I absolutely love the colors of the leaves, the crisp air, pumpkins, cider, apple pies, warm clothes, snow, skiing, cuddling by the fire. The list goes on! The only down side to fall and winter? DRY. AIR. 😩. It’s so unfortunate that as soon as your normally frizzy unmanageably hair (or Topanga hair as my friends call it) ditches the humidity and looks perfect, your glowy dewy skin freaks out from the lack there of. You can never win.
As you can tell by the title of this post, we’re not here to talk about our frizzy unmanageable hair. Thats a whole nother post for another day. On this months “Beauty Talk” I’m sharing my dry skin must haves to survive the coming months. If you suffer from dry cracked peely skin then this post is just for you!
FOR THE FACE:
FACE WASH & TOICS –
- HYDRATING CLEANSER – I have such sensitive skin so finding a good hydrating cleanser was super important to me. I usually get nervous trying off brand skin care items but Equate by walmart hit the nail on the head with what I was looking for. It’s non-comedogenic so it actually won’t break out you (like most face washes do). It’s also super hydrating my skin soaks it up.
- TONIC – I recently started using tonics after I wash my face. I really notice a difference in my skins over all texture. If you don’t already use a tonic definitely look in to adding it to your skin care routine. I only use mine once a day before bed. There are so many different tonics out there my top two favorite are by the Ordinary and Pixi.
SERUMS & OILS –
- MARACUJA OIL – Tarte release their Maracuja oil sometime last year and it has been a staple in my skin care routine ever since. My skin really soaks it up!
- MARULA OIL – Marula oil is thick and wonderful for those extra cold days. It’s non-comedogenic so it wont break you out and it’s great for sensitive skin.
- ROSE HIP SEED OIL – If your skin is EXTRA sensitive or super prone to breakouts you may want test rose hip seed oil first. It keeps your skin dewy and moisturized all night long!
- BARE REPUBLIC SERUM– I don’t always use a serum, but when I do I usually reach for this one by bare republic. It’s technically meant for your whole body (bonus) but I’m able to put it on my face without any irritation. It’s hydrating and great for my sensitive skin. Plus it’s super affordable!
MOISTURIZERS & SPRAYS –
- PHILOSOPHY – I don’t usually put think moisturizers on in the morning. Recently I’ve been reaching for this one by philosophy. It works wonders for my dry skin and it does’t cause any skin irritation.
- ROSE WATER SPRAY – I love to finish off my nightly skin care routine with a light spritz of rosewater. I love the fresh feeling it leaves on my skin. I’m not usually picky with which brand I use. So long as 100% pure rose water and has no extra chemicals or ingredients then it’s good in my book.
MASKS & ACCESSORIES –
- TARTE UNDER EYE GEL MASKS – My all time go to beauty product is these under eye gels from tarte. OH MY GOODNESS do these little things work wonders on my sad dark dry under eyes. I’ve tried several other eye masks and nothing compares to the quality of the tarte ones.
- JADE ROLLER – Jade rolling is something new I’ve discovered. I love that it helps reduce tension and swelling in your face as well as push the serums and moisturizers better into your skin. If you haven’t yet tried jade rolling I highly recommend you give it a go.
As I’ve said before, I love skin care so much that I could talk endlessly about my favorite products and trends. There are so many more products I use for my dry skin, so I’ve decided to make this post a 2 part series. Next month I’ll be sharing my holy grail products that I use in the colder months on my body.
That’s it for this months “Beauty Talk”. Let me know what your go to skin care products are! I always love to try new things.
These are some of my favorite products that have really helped my dry sensitive skin. Obviously I’m not a professional. These are products that have worked for me and my skin. If you have any concerns about your skin definitely seek a professionals help. When in doubt love your skin no matter what!