HELLO EVERYONE! It’s been a while. Can you believe February is already over?! I decided to take the month of February off to relaunch my blog and to work on some projects that I’ll be announcing very soon! I’m so glad to be back blogging. What better than to kick off my new site sharing all my favorite things I tried last month. Here are some of my favorites for February:
- LIZ EARLE CLEANSING CLOTH POLISH – I got this as a sample awhile back in my birch box. The first time I used it I noticed a big difference in my pores and my over all skin texture. Recently my skin has been freaking out and I can’t figure out why. I decided to purchase the full size product and give it a try again. After a 3 days of using this my skin started to clear up and my pores shrunk! This is officially a main staple of my skin care routine.
- BENEFIT ROLLER LASH & ALMAY ONE COAST THICKENING MASCARA – I love mixing my mascaras. I also love not having to to curl my lashes with a curler. When I heard that almay one coat mascaras eliminate the need of an eyelash curler I HAD to try it. One swipe of this stuff and your eyelashes are tick and curly. Thats not good enough to me though. So do a second coat of mascara. I love the Roller lash mascara because it separates my lashes beautifully. I have been using this combo on and off for a little over a month now and I’ve gotten so many compliments about how great my eye lashes look.
- GARNIER SKINACTIVE BB CREAM – It’s really hard for me to find make up products that match my skin color perfectly (I’m a neutral shade) and don’t make me feel like I have a ton of products on. My skin has been loving this BB cream. I don’t wear make up every day, but this BB cream is perfect for those days when little blemishes pop out.
- ORGINS GINZING REFRESHING EYE CREAM – I suffer from dark under eye circles (heading in to work at 6:30 am does not help). I discovered orgins ginzing line and I fell in love. What I love the most about this product is that a little goes a long way.
- PATAGONIA BETTER SWEATER – I bought this a few years ago and it’s still my favorite clothing item.
- JCREW FACTORY PUFFER VEST – I bought this in the fall and it’s perfect for these weird New England winter days.
- KJP PERLFECTION PEARL BRACELET – Perfect accessory to any outfit.
- L.L. BEAN BEAN BOOTS – Yet another great staple for New England winter days.
- VEGAN CHOCOLATE BALLS – I took and family recipe and made it healthy. My friends and I have been munching on these truffles all month long! (recipe soon to come).
- PIP SNACKS “CHEDDAR” MINI POPCORN – I teamed up with Pip Snacks this past month to help them share their two new flavors. I shared a bag of popcorn with my friends and they LOVED it.
- VEGGI PIZZA – I’ve been making this recipe since the summer. As of this month though, thats all I’ve been craving. Basically it’s pizza dough, sauce (that has red peppers sprinkled in it), parmesan cheese, sweet peppers sliced and sprinkled, and kale (yes KALE) soaked in red wine vinegar, olive oil and more cheese.
Phil and I had planed several fun trips for this month but they all got canceled last minute due to sickness or snow. Instead we decided to stay local. One of my all time favorite spots is Down Town Mystic Connecticut. Not only is it moments away from home, but restaurants and shops are constantly popping up. Phil and I had a date night one Saturday evening at one of out favorite restaurants, S&P OYSTER CO. I had the lobster bisque and Phil had a salmon special. We forgot how good the food was we almost licked the plates clean. almost.
Another fun things we did this month was a photo shoot taken by our friend MARC from MCVISUALS. He took us all around Rhode Island and Connecticut snapping the perfect shots. I could not be happier with how these photos came out. Be sure to check out his website and give him a call if your interested in having your own photos done. Check out INSTAGRAM for more photos from the shoot.
- ROCK CLIMBING – This past month my friend Mintie and I went to a local rock gym as part of our girls night out. I forgot how much fun it is to climb! Having friends who are equally motivated as you makes great competition. We spent our evening racing to the tops of the walls, bouldering (climbing with out a harness or rope on a low wall with matts underneath), and hanging (literally) around.
- T.B.C (TOTAL BODY CONDITIONING) – I recently joined a gym because I wanted to try new fitness classes. I decided my firstclass would be a TBC class. I was super nervous because I really didn’t know what to expect. 4 weeks later and it’s currently my favorite class. I do everything from flipping tires and swinging ropes to squats on a bosu ball. I feel amazing and I have definitely noticed a difference in my body.
I am someone who relies on music constantly. Weather it’s to wake me up in the morning (because I don’t drink coffee), pump me up at the gym, or relax me in the evening before bed. I need it. Heres a few of the songs that have been on repeat.
- SOMETHING JUST LIKE THIS – THE CHAIN SMOKERS
- KEEP ON GOING – JOAKIM KARUD
- DOWN – MARIAN HILL
SOMETHING I LEARNED:
As I stated in previous paragraphs, we had a lot of fun trips planned last month. Unfortunately we either got sick or they got canceled due to snow storms that rolled in. I consider my self an extrovert. I LOVE to go out. Our calendar is filled with commitments I make for us. It pains me to have the thought of a night at home to “relax”.
Being forced to stay home made me realize how important it is for your body to rest and recover. I didn’t realize how tired I was until I took the time to actually relax. It was also nice to spend time just Phil and I together not rushing around after work to get ready and go right back out. Don’t get me wrong I still love to go out and socialize with my friends. But the one thing I learned last month is to take time for your self and care about your mental health and physical body.
Well that’s it for this months favorites! Let me know in the comments below if any of my favorites are yours as well! Also don’t forget to subscribe to my email list (we have a surprise set up once you hit the subscribe button) to get my latest update and be the first to hear any of my announcements.