January is already over and I can not believe it! It seems 2018 is flying by. This month was filled with a lot of favorites.
If you don’t already know, I’ve started a new email series where I share my top FIVE favorite things every week. If you want to be apart of the inside scoop then be sure to sign up over in the right hand side of my blog under the section NEWSLETTER.
I’ve also had an amazing opportunity to work along with AMAZON on their new social media partnership program. I’ve created a page full of my favorite beauty, home and life style favorites. You can check it by clicking HERE. If you like what you see you can buy the products right there! It’s just like Pinterest but you can buy what you like with one click.
With all that being said, let’s get on to my January favorites:
You can shop all of my thing I’m about to mention by clicking the link below
- TARTE COSMETICS MARACUJA BRONZING SERUM- With winter in full swing, I rely on this stuff to keep a healthy glow.
- BENNONITE CLAY – My skin is super sensitive and SUPER dry this time of year. One tablespoon of bennonite clay mixed with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar leaves my skin soft and supple (not to mention it removes all those nasty black heads and dry flaky skin).
- ROSE WATER FACIAL SPRAY – I mist this on my face at night before bed to give my skin that added boost of moisture.
- MASCARA – I’m obsessed with light camera lashes by Tarte.
- L.L. BEAN FLEECE PULLOVER – Best purchase of the month (shout out to my in laws who gave us a gift card to LL Bean). This pullover is so soft and so warm and looks good with anything.
- J CREW FACTORY BOOTIES – These booties were featured on my Friday five, but I had to give them another shout out. They are SO comfortable and look good dressed up or casual. These guys fit true to size and THEY’RE ON SALE %50 OFF RIGHT NOW!
- WOOL SKI SOCKS – Skiing is one of my favorite things to do in the winter (more about that later). Being cold is not. I recently discovered these socks (thank you for the gift Phil!) and have never been so warm on the slopes!
- J CREW CAMP SOCKS – Wool socks have been a life saver this winter. Camp socks from Jcrew are so soft and keep me warm all day.
- SPLIT LEAD PHILODENDRON – I’m all about filling the house with beautiful plants that assist in good air quality. I’ve been loving my little split leaf (which seems impossible to kill).
- HERB PLANTS – Yes, more plans. I love to keep herb plants around the kitchen for a lively pop of color but also to add into our recipes when we need them.
- EMERSION BLENDER – My sister and brother in law got us an emersion blender for our anniversary this year. I have been loving it lately. We blend up soups, smoothies, nice cream (frozen bananas blended until consistency is like soft served ice cream) anything really. The clean up is quick and easy!
- CANDLES – I love to make my home cozy and warm. I typically have 6 or 7 candles going at once in our living room (mostly non scented). I recently was sent a candle from anthropology and I immediately fell in love.
- BOSU BALL – I got a bosu ball a little over a year ago. I’ve never really stopped loving it. I recently discovered a ton of workouts you can do with it. I love how easy it is to use!
- SKIING – As I said earlier, skiing is one of my favorite winter sports. I love to take my time and enjoy the beautiful views and fresh air skiing down the mountains.
- ROCK CLIMBING – Sometimes the weather isn’t the best for skiing. Another hobby I like to do is indoor rock climbing. It feels so good to be active and climb around.
- WEIGHTS – I’ve been ditching the gym to workout at home. I love these 5LB weights.
- YOGA MAT – A mat is essential for working out at home. You don’t want to be laying on the cold hard floor.
- GREEN TEA – This month I tried something new. Green tea. It’s full of amazing benefits and warms me up on those chilly snowy days.
- GOJI BERRIES – I read a ton of information and benefits about these little dried berries. They’re so good for you and they taste amazing.
- DARK CHOCOLATE – I’m a sucker for sweets. I’ve been trying to cut down as much as possible. One thing I do keep on hand is dark chocolate (preferably with coconut milk). It satisfies my sweet tooth and it’s actually not that bad for you.
- POPCORN – Popcorn has been my favorite go to snack this month. It’s so easy to pack up and take with me throughout the day.
- SPOTIFY PLAYLISTS – I’ve been loving the playlist called “Casey Neistat Style” perfect back round music
- PINTEREST – Pinterest is by far my favorite social media platform. Nothing relaxes me more at night than to wind down to a pinning session of recipes, home, and garden diys.
FAVORITE TRIP THIS MONTH
This month we went on a small weekend getaway to Maine. We were hoping to go skiing but the oddly warm weather melted the snow on the mountains making them not safe to skin on. While we were there we took a trip in to town and discovered a new restaurant. The Mill Cafe is our new favorite spot in Maine. The staff was so nice and the food was delicious! We loved it so much that we ate there 3 days in a row. On our way home we managed to find a mountain in Maine that was able to make snow. Camden Snow Bowl is a small mountain in the town of Camden. We definitely couldn’t complain about the conditions. It was such a fun time.
That’s it for this weeks post. I love trying new things. If there’s anything you think I should try next month, let me know in the comments below!