French toast is my favorite meal. Hands down. Saturday mornings are super relaxed in our house. Phil and I usually get an hour or so to ourselves before we head out for the the day. When Phil and I started a plant based diet I knew I had to find the perfect vegan french toast recipe. I love to take my favorite childhood recipes and make them a little more healthy. It took me about a year to figure out the perfect combination of ingredients, and today I’m going to share our favorite french toast recipe.
This recipe is super easy to make and tastes better than the real deal. I like to undercook it a bit so it’s soft and gooey (like a chocolate chip cookie). Since there’s no raw eggs in the recipe it’s safe to eat a little undercooked.
We make french toast for all of our guest who stay the night or whenever there’s a get together for brunch. Most people don’t know it’s vegan until after they eat it. Everyone who has tried our french toast (even our friends who are chefs or our pickiest of eaters) have loved it. If you’re looking for an easy crowd pleaser for your next brunch then this is the recipe for you!
- Melt the coconut oil add it to the wet ingredients
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix
- Preheat griddle to 400 (if you’re using the stove then preheat to medium heat)
- Melt an extra tablespoon of coconut on the griddle
- Dip a slice of bread in the french toast mixture tap the bread on the side of the bowl to get rid of extra liquid
- Place the slice of bread on the griddle and cook until one side is golden
- Flip the bread and cook the other side until it’s golden
- Take off the griddle and serve with your favorite toppings
That’s it! Easy peasy. Let me know if you decide to give this recipe a try, I’d love to know what you think.